The school counselor supports students in their personal/social, academic, and career development. This is accomplished through both proactive and responsive services that include individual meetings with students as well as classroom and group interventions that promote the holistic development of students and support the mission of Notre Dame Academy. Through faculty collaboration and a review of school community feedback, the school counseling program assesses student needs and addresses these through planned school interventions.
The ND Academy School Counseling Program additionally supports the focus of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) through helping students explore their IB course options and by helping students and parents understand university recognition of IB coursework.
- 9th grade students take the ACT Aspire in preparation for the ACT. Students are introduced to Naviance and begin building their upper school resume through this college and career planning site in grade 9.
- 10th and next year's 11th grade class take the PSAT in preparation for the SAT. 10th grade students complete a StrengthsExplorer career assessment in 10th grade and begin a college and career exploration in classroom guidance lessons. Students are introduced to IB course selections.
- 11th grade students review a University Timeline and set college planning goals for the next year.
- 12th grade students review their Senior Year University timeline at the beginning of this school year.
Ms. Mary Ann Thompson
- IB Introduction Meetings: Individual meetings with rising 11th grab students and their parents available through the end of March. Please sign up for this meeting with Ms. Thompson and Ms. Beshke through the google form.
- Career Fair: April 21, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM held at ND Academy for 9th and 10th grade students.
- SAT ACT Prep
College Admissions Testing
- GA Futures
- College Board
- Federal Aid
- College Savings Plan Network
- US Dept of Education College Affordability & Transparency Center
*See individual university websites for specific and most recently updated information on universities of interest and program requirements.
Summer University Programs*
- Georgia Tech Summer Peaks Program
- Emory Pre-College
- UGA Summer Academy Camps
- West Point Global Leadership Academy
- Stanford & UC Berkeley Innovation & Technology Academy
- MIT/Boston EDGE Academy
- Oxbridge Academic Programs
- Entrepreneurship Academy
- Duke Talent Identification Program
*ND Academy does not endorse any specific summer program. The listed summer programs are a sampling of leadership and experiential opportunities available that may be relevant to specific student interests.