Notre Dame Academy offers a wide variety of after-school extracurricular activities under the AsceND Program.
These programs are meant to enhance the unique talents of each student outside of the classroom, while strengthening core values like teamwork and leadership.
See below for an example of the many extracurricular activities that ND Academy has to offer. For more information, and to register your student for extracurricular activities, visit the AsceND Program registration site.
2017-18 AsceND Programs:
Please click on the AsceND Program Registration Site link above for information on days, times and grade levels served.
- Spanish Immersion: The students learn the Spanish language through fun games and hands-on activities. With the repetition of these activities, students increase the level of self-confidence in the Spanish language, understanding and actually conversing over time. Our Curriculum is taught by themes.
- KidsTech Tech Class: KidsTech "TECH-CLASS" is where your child is introduce to today's cutting edge technology and travels down the path to discovery and intervention! During this session, we will learn more about 3D Printing, Virtual Reality, Drone, APP building, Movie Special Effects and MORE!
- RunTime! Do you love to run? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow class mates outside in the sunshine for fun running games, distance goals, and endurance moderated by Mrs. Emily Smolynsky!
- Ankle Biters Tennis: Ankle Biters Tennis offers weekly tennis programs for preschools, daycare facilities and elementary schools. Ankle Biters Tennis is a great way to introduce young children to the game of tennis. Ankle Biters Tennis offers clinics on location, age specific lesson plans, new tennis racquets, and special events all in a flexible and safe environment. Ankle Biters requires that you also register on their website at www.anklebiterstennis.com
- Art Fun with Mrs. Johnson: Come have fun in the art room with Mrs. Johnson! We will be using all kinds of media to create one of a kind masterpieces! Don't miss out on the fun, space is limited.
- Basketball Skills & Drills: Come refresh your basketball skills and learn some new drills from Coach Campbell, and maybe some other coaches from the Notre Dame Academy Boy's Basketball program!
- ColorTime! Do you love to color? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow classmates outside in the sunshine on blankets for fun coloring activities! Moderated by Mrs. Smolynsky!
- Discover Club with Mrs. Leonard: Science. Math. Inquiry. Literature. Engineering ~ SMILE! Integrated, inquiry based, real world problem-based engaging activities through hands-on play, inquiry, discovery, and team work. Children will have their interest piqued providing positive impacts for continued inquiry into and education in Science, Math, Literacy, and Engineering! They will have an opportunity to enrich their thinking skills.
- DollTime! Do you love to play with dolls? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow classmates outside in the sunshine on blankets for fun doll play, doll themed stories and games moderated by Mrs. Smolynsky!
- Orchestra: ND Academy will once again offer the Suzuki Violin Program and also Orchestra Class! Ms. Carole Kane, a highly experienced Suzuki Violin and Orchestra instructor, will be returning to teach the classes. Ms. Kane is a certified music teacher with registered Suzuki training and IB school experience. All lessons will begin on October 2nd.
- Suzuki Violin: ND Academy will once again offer the Suzuki Violin Program and also Orchestra Class! Ms. Carole Kane, a highly experienced Suzuki Violin and Orchestra instructor, will be returning to teach the classes. Ms. Kane is a certified music teacher with registered Suzuki training and IB school experience. All lessons will begin on October 2nd.
- KidChess: Tuesdays from 8/29 - 11/14, Grades 1-8, 1st - 5th grade: 3:15-4:15pm, 6th - 8th grade: 4:20-5:20, Fees: $259 first session, $199 second session, $359 two sessions combined. www.kidchess.com
- Tap/Ballet: Click here for the Creative Movement & Dance website.
- Hip Hop/Dance: Click here for the Creative Movement & Dance website.
- Choir: Angel Choir for grades 1-3 rehearses the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. 4th/5th Grade Choir rehearses the 1st, 3rd, and sometimes 4th Monday of the month. Notre Dame Choir (Middle and Upper School) rehearses the 1st, 3rd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Please contact Anne Boshinski for more information and to register.
- Math Olympiad: A math enrichment club for students in grades 4-6. Math Olympiad meets on Thursdays from 3:30-4:20 PM beginning October 19.
- Coming soon! Guitar Class and Lego League