PARENT UNIVERSITY launched in August 2016 and exists to bridge communication between Notre Dame Academy and our parents on important topics. Over the course of the school year, PARENT U will host a variety of speakers that will address issues and topics that are relevant in our world. The series will include a variety of speakers and conversations related to our educational programs. Some of the sessions will be geared to parents only, while others will encourage parents and students to attend together. The goal of PARENT U is to spark conversation in our community and allow us to learn from outside experts and from one another.
PARENT U will include three different types of sessions over the course of the academic year:
- Open Coffee: We will host a coffee with a school administrator and invite parents to attend. There will be no specific topic or agenda. Instead, we will simply offer a forum to discuss topics that are relevant at the moment.
- Lessons In School : These meetings will cover various topics directly related to the operations of the school and are designed to provide parents with a deeper understanding of various aspects of our instructional program. Topics may include information sessions on ManageBac, Middle Years Programme (MYP) Assessment, Sacramental Preparation, and more. Each of these sessions will have a specific topic to be addressed and conclude with an opportunity for Q & A.
- Special Guest Speaker: Occasionally, we will host a guest speaker from outside our community. The guest speakers will present on a variety of topics relevant to our community. These talks will be targeted to just parents and other will encourage parent and child to attend. The goal of the talk is to spark conversation and dialogue around a wide variety of topics.
Our goal is to communicate, collaborate, learn, and grow...together. If you have a specific topic you would be interested in adding to our year-long schedule of events, please reach out to your principal. We hope you can attend our Parent University sessions.
New Parent Coffee: “Welcome to Irish Nation!”
Friday, August 25, 8:15AM
Informational coffee reception in the George Student Center. The purpose of this event is to provide school information for our new families, including volunteer opportunities, an overview of exciting events coming up in the fall, and chance to meet school personnel and to give us the opportunity to officially welcome you into the Irish Nation.
Lessons In School: Go Math (1st – 8th grades) & Step Up to Writing (1st – 5th grades) overview
Thursday, August 31, 8:30AM
Each session will offer a 30-minute overview of the academic program.
- 8/25/17 Open Coffee "Welcome to Irish Nation!" (8:15 AM)
- 8/31/17 Lessons in School: Go Math (8:30 AM)
- 9/12/17 Open Coffee: Father Colin Program (8:30 AM)
- 9/13/17 Open Coffee: 11th Grade Parents (8:30 AM)
- 9/19/17 Open Coffee: Lower School Principal (8:30 AM)
- 9/21/17 Open Coffee: Middle School Principal (8:30 AM)
- 9/27/17 Open Coffee: 10th Grade Parents (8:30 AM)
- 10/3/17 Open Coffee: New Parents (8:30 AM)
- 10/11/17 Open Coffee: 8th Grade Parents (8:30 AM)
- 10/16/17 Lessons in School: MAPP Testing Overview (8:30 AM)
- 10/24/17 Lessons in School: Religious Education Overview (8:30 AM)
- 10/25/17 Open Coffee: 9th Grade Parents (8:30 AM)
- 10/30/17 Lessons in School: Positive Behavioral Interventions & Support (8:30 AM)