IB Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
In May of 2017, Notre Dame Academy became an authorized International Baccalaureate World School for the two-year Diploma Programme serving students in grades 11 and 12.
The Diploma Programme (DP) is for students aged 16-19 (grades 11 and 12). This programme is designed to prepare students to succeed in higher education and beyond. The stated goals of the DP are to develop students who have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge and who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Mr. Dan Jewitt
IB Graduation Statistics
In May 2011, the IBO sent a survey* to 319 IB World Schools in the United States. The organization received responses from 4,171 graduating high school seniors. Below are a few key points gathered from the 4,171 respondents.
- IB students have a 22% higher acceptance rate to colleges in the United States than non-IB students.
- IB students have between a 3% and 13% higher acceptance rate to Ivy League institutions than non-IB students.
- The average SAT score for IB diploma students is 453 points above the national average.
- IB diploma candidates scored higher in all four subjects of the ACT compared to the national average.
- 97% of all students that took part in the IBO survey feel prepared for their future studies.