- 9th grade students take the ACT Aspire in preparation for the ACT. Students are introduced to Naviance and begin building their upper school resume through this college and career planning site in grade 9.
- 10th and next year's 11th grade class take the PSAT in preparation for the SAT. 10th grade students complete a StrengthsExplorer career assessment in 10th grade and begin a college and career exploration in classroom guidance lessons. Students are introduced to IB course selections.
- 11th grade students review a University Timeline and set college planning goals for the next year.
- 12th grade students review their Senior Year University timeline at the beginning of this school year.
Best Fit College Admissions Consulting
Notre Dame Academy engaged BEST FIT College Admissions Consulting in the Fall of 2017. BEST FIT works with students and families as they negotiate the college admissions process. Founder and CEO, Jennifer H. Vidmer has over 25 years of experience in higher education and a true passion for helping students experience great success in the admissions process. Ms. Vidmer has a breadth of knowledge and deep insight into the intricacies of college admissions from her many years working in the field at Penn State University, the Yale School of Management, and as an alumni interviewer for Bucknell University. Ms. Vidmer has guided hundreds of students through the admissions process as a private educational consultant.
Click here to learn more about Best Fit.
"I could not be happier with the Notre Dame Academy's choice and Ms. Vidmer's approach." - Mrs. Slack, ND Academy Parent
The school counselor supports students in their personal/social, academic, and career development. This is accomplished through both proactive and responsive services that include individual meetings with students as well as classroom and group interventions that promote the holistic development of students and support the mission of Notre Dame Academy. Through faculty collaboration and a review of school community feedback, the school counseling program assesses student needs and addresses these through planned school interventions.
The ND Academy School Counseling Program additionally supports the focus of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) through helping students explore their IB course options and by helping students and parents understand university recognition of IB coursework.
Ms. Mary Ann Thompson
Notre Dame Academy
2018 University Fair
- IBDP Student Orientation: Saturday, August 12, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Kavanaugh Hall
- IB Student College University Fair: Wednesday, September 27, 6:00 - 8:00 PM, AIS
- 11th Grade Parent Night: Tuesday, October 3, 7:00 PM
- PSAT (10th & 11th Grade Students): Wednesday, October 25, 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- ACT Aspire (9th Grade Students): October 25, 26
- Open Coffee with Upper School Counselors: Thursday, November 2, 8:30 AM
- Career Fair: Friday, February 23, 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- ND Academy University Fair: Wednesday, March 28, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- AP World History Exam: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- AP Human Geography Exam: Friday, May 18, 2018, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
College Admissions Testing
- GA Futures
- College Board
- Federal Aid
- College Savings Plan Network
- US Dept of Education College Affordability & Transparency Center
*See individual university websites for specific and most recently updated information on universities of interest and program requirements.
Summer University Programs*
- Georgia Tech Summer Peaks Program
- Emory Pre-College
- UGA Summer Academy Camps
- West Point Global Leadership Academy
- Stanford & UC Berkeley Innovation & Technology Academy
- MIT/Boston EDGE Academy
- Oxbridge Academic Programs
- Entrepreneurship Academy
- Duke Talent Identification Program
*ND Academy does not endorse any specific summer program. The listed summer programs are a sampling of leadership and experiential opportunities available that may be relevant to specific student interests.