At A Glance
The School Day:
Early Years Campus (Preschool-Kindergarten): 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lower School (Grades 1-5): 8:10 AM - 3:10 PM
Middle School (Grades 6-8): 8:20 AM - 3:30 PM
Upper School (Grades 9-12): 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Average class size for grades Pre-K through 2 is 18
- Average class size for grades 3 through 8 is 19
- Average class size for grades 9 through 12 is 16
- Average class size for the Father Colin Program is 6
- All faculty and staff participate in annual professional development
- 53% male and 47% female
- 67% of our population identifies as Catholic while 33% identify with another faith
- Approximately 34% of the student population is African-American, Hispanic, European, and Asian and East Indian
- 20 different languages are spoken in the homes of our ND Academy families
- Two campuses are within half a mile of each other serving over 540 students
- The Early Years Campus serves students in Pre-K2 through Kindergarten
- The Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School campuses serve students in grades 1 through 12
- 31 classrooms, 2 science labs, 2 media centers, 2 cooperative learning centers, 1 production studio, and 1 makerspace
- 2 playgrounds, 1 basketball court, and soccer fields in the back for daily physical fitness for grades Pre-K through 5 and the school's athletic program
- Every Middle School student receives an iPad for use throughout the school year
- Every Upper School student receives an iPad and a MacBook for use throughout the school year
- 6 Carts with 24 MacBook Airs each
- 5 MacBooks in each homeroom for grades Kindergarten through 2nd
- 5 iPads in each homeroom for Preschool classes
- Authorized as an International Baccalaureate School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for grades Pre-K3 - 5, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for grades 6-10, and the Diploma Programme (DP) for grades 11-12.
- Students in grades Pre-K through 5 participate in daily physical education.
- Students participate in year-long service learning projects with partners in and around the Atlanta area.
- Students in grades 5 through 8 grade participate in overnight field trips.
- Before and after care programs are available for students in grades Pre-K2 through 7, and provide supervised care and age-appropriate activities from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
- Students participate in a variety of after-school athletic programs and educational clubs.
Notre Dame Academy, an Independent Marist Catholic school, invites students and families from all walks of life to explore our website and visit our campus. In keeping with the Marist tradition, approximately 75% of our students are Catholic and approximately 25% of our students are of other faiths. Notre Dame Academy embraces cultural diversity and welcomes all religious faiths.
Notre Dame Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.