At A Glance
The School Day:
Lower School (Grades K-5): 8:10 AM - 3:10 PM
Middle School (Grades 6-8): 8:20 AM - 3:30 PM
Upper School (Grades 9-12): 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Average class size for grades K through 2 is 18
- Average class size for grades 3 through 8 is 19
- Average class size for grades 9 through 12 is 16
- Average class size for the Father Colin Program is 6
- All faculty and staff participate in annual professional development
- 56% male and 44% female
- 66% of our population identifies as Catholic while 34% identify with another faith
- Approximately 54% of the student population is African-American, Hispanic, European, and Asian and East Indian
- 15 different languages are spoken in the homes of our ND Academy families
- The Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School campuses serve students in grades K through 12
- 31 classrooms, 2 science labs, 2 media centers, 2 cooperative learning centers, 1 production studio, and 1 makerspace
- Lower School playground with basketball court, multi-purpose field for daily physical fitness for grades K through 5 and the school's athletic program
- Student Center with cafeteria, gym, weight room, band, art and dance rooms
- Football Field
- Every Middle School student receives an iPad for use throughout the school year
- Every Upper School student receives a MacBook for use throughout the school year
- 6 Carts with 24 MacBook Airs each
- 5 MacBooks in each homeroom for grades Kindergarten through 2nd
- Authorized as an International Baccalaureate School for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for grades K - 5, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for grades 6-10, and the Diploma Programme (DP) for grades 11-12.
- Students in grades K through 5 participate in daily physical education.
- Students participate in year-long service learning projects with partners in and around the Atlanta area.
- Students in grades 5 through 8 grade participate in overnight field trips.
- Before and after care programs are available for students in grades K through 7, and provide supervised care and age-appropriate activities from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
- Students participate in a variety of after-school athletic programs and educational clubs.
Notre Dame Academy, an Independent Marist Catholic school, invites students and families from all walks of life to explore our website and visit our campus. In keeping with the Marist tradition, approximately 70% of our students are Catholic and approximately 30% of our students are of other faiths. Notre Dame Academy embraces cultural diversity and welcomes all religious faiths.
Notre Dame Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.