As an authorized International Baccalaureate World School, Notre Dame Academy is proud to provide educational opportunities for students from around the globe! We currently offer short-term foreign exchange student emersion opportunities in Lower, Middle and Upper School. We are also SEVIS-authorized to offer a long-term International Student Program in our Upper School. Click below for more details regarding these two exciting offerings.
Foreign Exchange Student Program
For families who are seeking a US education emersion experience for their child (vs. an F-1 Student Visa for course credit), we offer a short term exchange student program. Exchange students must commit to a timeframe of 8 to 12 weeks and provide proof of residency with a US-based guardian during their time here in the United States. These students will be provided with a full educational and extracurricular experience in our unique IB, Catholic school setting, but no course credit will be granted.
Interested families are asked to proceed forward with filling out a domestic online admissions application via our school website.
2019-20 Foreign Exchange Student Tuition + Fees:
- Our exchange student tuition is equal to one (1) full semester (or half of a year) of the tuition and fees posted on our website for the student's grade level.
- Click here for the current 2019-20 Notre Dame Academy Tuition & Fees.
- A separate $100 application fee and a $100 enrollment fee still applies.
- Tuition and fees must be paid in full to Notre Dame Academy prior to the student's starting date.
- Tuition and fees include the student's use of school-issued technology, but exclude optional hot lunch, extracurricular activities, books, after school programs, and uniforms.
- Online Application
- Copy of Valid Passport
- Copy of Temporary Visa (if applicable)
- Immunization Records
- Academic School Transcripts (translated into English)
- Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Advisor (a Principal, Counselor, Coach, or Teacher) translated into English
- Official State of Georgia Order Establishing Temporary Guardianship of Minor from the primary guardian's county of residence
- Proof of residency for the primary guardian of the student while in the US (this can be anything official showing the name and address, such as a current utility bill, current mortgage statement, etc. but please black-out any account information).
International Student Program
Notre Dame Academy is a SEVIS-authorized school with the ability to issue the Form I-20 for an F-1 Student Visa. We recommend a minimum enrollment of one (1) academic year, which runs from mid-August through the end of May. Families may contact Notre Dame Academy directly for further information on our program.
For students seeking an F-1 Student Visa and applying from outside of the United States, please contact Notre Dame Academy's International Admissions Associate, Dr. Steven Walter (email@example.com), prior to completing an application.
- Online Application
- Copy of Valid Passport (this should be valid 6 months after the proposed term end date. For example, if a student wants to stay enrolled through May 2020, his or her passport should be valid through November 2020).
- Copy of Birth Certificate (translated into English)
- Updated Immunization Records (translated into English)
- Academic School Transcripts from Middle School and High School (translated into English and transcribed with brief course descriptions). The final academic transcript from the school year prior to admission to Notre Dame Academy must be submitted before starting school in August.
- Proof of English language ability, such as a TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC scores.
- Proof of Financial Means, such as a bank statement (translated into English and US Dollars, but please mark out any account information) or affidavit of support from parent or guardian in home country.
- Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Advisor, such as a Principal, Counselor, Coach, or Teacher (translated into English)
- Proof of Health Insurance valid in the United States
- If staying with a local relative: Order Establishing Guardianship + Proof of Residency
- If not staying with a local relative: Intent to request a homestay placement