Notre Dame Academy offers a wide variety of after-school extracurricular activities under the Ascend Program.
These programs are meant to enhance the unique talents of each student outside of the classroom, while strengthening core values like teamwork and leadership.
See below for an example of the many extracurricular activities that ND Academy has to offer.
Register now for programs on the Ascend website.
In an effort to expand and provide diverse Ascend programs, the registration page may have different programs than listed here. Please refer to the Active registration page for a complete and accurate listing of this semesters Ascend offerings.
2018-19 Session Ascend Programs
- Kid Chess: Kid Chess® teaches chess to children in a fun environment at Atlanta area public and private schools, homeschool groups, and other locations. Classes fill up fast and early. Register online on the Kid Chess website.
- RunTime! Do you love to run? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders outside in the sunshine for fun running games, distance goals and endurance moderated by Mrs. Emily Smolynsky.
- DollTime! Do you love to play with dolls? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders outside in the sunshine on blankets for fun doll play, doll themed stories and games moderated by Mrs. Emily Smolynsky. ColorTime! Do you love to color? If so, this session is for you! Join your fellow 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders outside in the sunshine on blankets for fun color time moderated by Mrs. Emily Smolynsky.
- KidsTech: Tech-Class is back with ALL-NEW modules! Throughout the year, we will study Music Tech, Cyber-Security, Robo-Art, Digital Assistants, Navigation-Tech, Photo-Tech, Fitness-Tech, Buy-Tech, and BluetoochGadget-Tech! We're looking to prepare the kids for tomorrow's world, which will look and operate much differently than today's. Teaching the students what makes TECH tick now will not only prepare them to function, but to thrive!
- Basketball Skills and Drills: Use this after school time to get ready for your CMLA season or just improve your basketball skills! Whether we are playing outdoors or inside the gym, you will learn shooting fundmentals, play games that work on your skill and learn how to get better at the game of basketball! We put the FUN in fundamentals!
- Art Fun: Art Fun is an opportunity for students to work in a fun and relaxed environment where they have an opportunity to play a role in choosing the art projects being completed.
- Art Fun at the EYC is a process-based art enrichment program. We will be exploring all types of media and creating one of a kind masterpieces! Open Studio is a place for practicing artists to hone in on their skills, develop their techniques and collaborate with other artists like themselves. Mrs. Johnson will guide them and provide all supplies for students to realize their own artistic vision.
- Dreamweaver Dance Company: Join Dreamweaver Dance Company this season as we partner with Notre Dame Academy to bring you our dance program of EXCELLENCE! Our preschool and elementary level combo class is offered right here within the safety and convenience of ND Academy every Tuesday (preschool 45 minute tap and ballet) and Thursday (elementary one hour tap and ballet) afternoon! Your dancer will learn, review, and add upon the basic fundamentals of dance as well as learn proper stretching and technique, 2 choreographed routines to perform at our Holiday Performance and of course acquire a sense of TEAM SPIRIT! Dancers will need a black leotard and black tights as well as black tap shoes and pink leather ballet shoes. Boys will need black pants and a black shirt (preferably more form fitted) and black ballet shoes instead of pink.
- Math Olympiad: Math Olympiad is an international creative problem solving program for elementary and middle school students. In its fortieth year, MOEMS has more than 5,000 teams from 49 states and 31 countries involved in their competitions. Student scores are entered into the MOEMS website so that students can seesaw they fare among students from six continents around the world. There are five math competitions during the season. Meetings are comprised of group practice with problem review and monthly individual competitions. The last meeting of the year is a celebration. The Notre Dame team received a plaque last year for being one of the top achieving teams worldwide.
- Little AllStars: Please join Mrs. Slaker and Mrs. Quinn on Wednesday afternoons for fun activities with different sports and games on Wednesdays at the Early Years Campus.
- Discover Club: Students will have their interest piqued through integrated, inquiry based discovery, and hands-on activities in Science, Math, Engineering, and Literature. They will be encouraged to enrich their critical thinking and listening skills, following instructions, team work, collaboration, and participation through games, problem solving, creativity, inquiry, experiments, questioning, and play.
- Fashion Design Illustration with Creative Career Academy: Learn the nuts and bolts of designing clothing and accessories. Fashion sketching is where it all begins for most fashion designers. You'll learn to apply basic drawing skills to the fashion figure with an emphasis on proportion. Create a fashion line through illustration by creating a mood-board and creating fashion poses with croquis. (Beginner - Intermediate) The student should have basic computer knowledge, software knowledge not required.
- Spanish Immersion with Mrs. Pol: Students will learn the Spanish language through fun games and hands-on activities. With the repetition of these activities, students will increase the level of self-confidence in the Spanish language, understanding and actually conversing over time. Our curriculum is taught by themes.
How do I register/pay for a program?
Registration for all programs (except Kid Chess) is available via the Ascend Program Registration Site on Active. You should create an Active account to log-in regularly. Notre Dame Academy uses Active to host its registration pages, we do not have access to your username and login information through Active.
Who do I contact with questions?
Please contact the individual program leader via email for all questions regarding the program.
How can I cancel/transfer my registration?
Please email Reilly Campbell, Director of Operations for any questions regarding program registrations and/or transfers. Please refer to the refund policy found on Active during registration.
How do students get to their Ascend program?
After their regular school day, students will head to the Schroeder Hall Library to get “picked up” and checked in by their Ascend Program leaders.
How do I pick up my student from their Ascend program?
Each Ascend program takes place in a different area on campus. After the program is over, you will meet your student and their Ascend program leader outside of the building that the program takes place. If your student is going to Einstein’s After Care, then you will pick up your child from aftercare.
What do I do if I am running late on picking up my student?
If you are running late, please send an email to your program leader and let them know. They may decide to drop your student off at Einstein’s After Care, and an additional fee may apply.
Are Ascend programs only for Notre Dame Academy students?
Yes, due to the Ascend programs extension of the school day, these programs are only available to Notre Dame Academy students.