Grandparents and Special Friends Day
Please join Notre Dame Academy as we celebrate our annual Grandparents & Special Friends Day on Thursday, March 29, 2018!
On Grandparents & Special Friends Day, all guests should park their vehicles in the parking lot on our main campus. This includes guests visiting the Early Years Campus (EYC). We will have shuttle buses running all morning between the EYC, the George Student Center, and Schroeder Hall. We ask guests visiting the EYC to refrain from parking in the lots of the surrounding businesses.
This year’s event will provide grandparents and guests of our Early Years students (Pre-K2 through kindergarten) and Lower School students (grades 1-5) with a morning full of classroom experiences and musical performances related to ND Academy’s IB Primary Years Programme Units of Inquiry in Pre-K through 5th grade.
ND Academy’s entire extended school community is invited to join us for the Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary at 11:00 AM.
Early Years Campus (EYC): Pre-K2 - Kindergarten
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Coffee and pastries served in the Early Years Campus Media Center for guests of our preschool and kindergarten students.
- 8:30 AM – 9:15 AM: EYC classroom celebrations.
- 9:15 AM: EYC festivities conclude. Families with children in 1st - 5th grades may transition in vehicles or ND Academy bus shuttles to the main campus for musical performances and elementary classroom visits.
- Optional 11:00 AM –11:40 AM: Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary led by Middle School students (in the gym). All are welcome!
- 2:45 PM: Regular dismissal for EYC students. Students departing early with family members MUST be checked-out from school directly with their teachers.
Lower School: 1st - 5th grades
- 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM: Coffee and pastries served in the George Student Center for guests of 1st - 5th graders who do not have students at the Early Years Campus.
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Lower School musical performances for grades 1 - 5 (in the George Student Center).
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM: Lower School classroom celebrations for grades 1 - 5 (in Schroeder Hall).
- 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM: Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary, led by Middle School students (in the gym).
All are welcome!
- 11:45 AM: Grandparents and Special Friends Day festivities conclude.
- 3:10 PM: Regular dismissal for Lower School students. Students departing early with family members MUST be checked-out from school directly with their teachers.
Middle School and Upper School
- 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM: All Grandparents and Special Friends are invited to join their student in the gym for Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary, led by Middle School students.