Grandparents and Special Friends Day
Please join Notre Dame Academy as we celebrate our annual Grandparents & Special Friends Day on Thursday, April 18, 2019!
On Grandparents & Special Friends Day, all guests should park their vehicles in the parking lot on our main campus. This includes guests visiting the Early Years Campus (EYC). We will have shuttle buses running all morning between the EYC, the George Student Center, and Schroeder Hall. We ask guests visiting the EYC to refrain from parking in the lots of the surrounding businesses.
This year’s event will provide grandparents and guests of our Early Years students (Pre-K2 through kindergarten) and Lower School students (grades 1-5) with a morning full of classroom experiences and musical performances related to ND Academy’s IB Primary Years Programme Units of Inquiry in Pre-K through 5th grade.
Early Years Campus (EYC): Pre-K2 - Kindergarten
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Coffee and pastries served in the Early Years Campus Media Center for guests of our preschool and kindergarten students.
- 8:30 AM – 9:15 AM: EYC classroom celebrations.
- 9:15 AM: EYC festivities conclude. Families with children in 1st - 5th grades may transition in vehicles or ND Academy bus shuttles to the main campus for Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary, musical performances, and elementary classroom visits
- 9:30 AM –10:10 AM: Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary led by Middle School students (in the gym). All are welcome!
- 11:45 AM: Early Release dismissal for EYC students. Students departing early with family members MUST be checked-out from school directly with their teachers.
Lower School: 1st - 5th grades
- 8:00 AM – 9:15 AM: Coffee and pastries served in the George Student Center for guests of 1st - 5th graders who do not have students at the Early Years Campus.
- 9:30 AM – 10:10 AM: Holy Thursday Tableau Rosary led by Middle School students (in the gym). All are welcome!
- 10:25 AM – 11:00 AM: Lower School musical performance for grades 1 - 5 (in the cafeteria).
- 11:15 AM – 11:45 AM: Lower School classroom celebrations for grades 1 - 5 (in Schroeder Hall).
- 11:50 AM: Grandparents and Special Friends Day festivities conclude.
- 12:10 PM: Early Release dismissal for Lower School students. Students departing early with family members MUST be checked-out from school directly with their teachers.