The ND Academy ministry program helps students to become EXPOSED to, EXPERIENCE and EXPRESS Christ, His kingdom and the biblical purposes of his church. We offer age specific retreats for students starting in middle school and extending through the upper school.
Middle School Retreats
6th Grade Retreat:
- You can't walk on water if you don't get out of the boat. This day long retreat focuses on the importance of taking the first steps in our faith. In order for Peter to walk on water, he first had to step out of the boat. In large and small group discussions, we will explore what may be keeping us from stepping out and fully opening ourselves to God.
Tarsus: 7th and 8th Grade Boys Retreat
- Tharsos focuses on the importance of having courage and confidence in our faith.
Philothea: 7th and 8th Grade Girls Retreat
- Philothea focuses on friendship and how we can use our relationship with Christ as a guide and example as we build our friendships throughout middle and high school.
Upper School Retreats
Koinonia: 9th Grade Retreat
- Koinonia is a Greek word meaning “fellowship” or “community.” This is an overnight, off-site retreat that focuses on building a faith-based community through games, large and small group discussions and community building activities.
Metanoia: 10th - 12th Grade Retreat (Year I)
- Metanoia is a Greek word meaning “change of heart.” Participants are encouraged to reflect on how they can make their faith their own. Change your mind, change your heart, and change your actions.
Kairos: 10th - 12th Grade Retreat (Year II)
- Kairos means “special time with the Lord.” This retreat seeks to give students real, tangible ways to grow their faith and spend time with the Lord. This retreat is time set aside for the students to reflect on their relationship with God, others, and themselves.
Fiat: 10th - 12th Grade Retreat (III)
- Fiat means “Be it done unto me” and this retreat encourages the students to make the step from being passive Christians into active Christians by saying “yes” to God’s will.